The WSM is not just a museum that demonstrates the Sustainable Developments around the world, but also a living, self-sustained business case itself.
The museum is expected to be fully financial self-sustain through the following revenue streams:
- SDG investment funds and fund management fees
- Co-working and technology incubation center operations
- General and customized training programs such Sustainable Finance for financial institutions, Sustainability Business Adaption for corporations, etc.
- Consulting and professional services for SDG projects
- Events and conferences hosted by WSM and SFI
- Royalty fees from lending WSM brand, content and traveling exhibitions to Regional World Sustainability Museums (RWSMs) and other institutions
- Leasing and rental fees for business areas
- Gifts, Food & Beverage sales
- Sponsorships from Corporate Pavilions (CP’s) and Best-Practice Pavilions (BP’s)
- Hosting country and hosting city’s contributions and revenue sharing
The museum is expected to be free for public access.